Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Broken Heart

Most of the time we can't tell what's wrong with somebody by just looking at them. After all, they can look perfectly fine on the outside while their insides tell us a whole other story.

The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.

Faith allows things to happen. It is the power that comes from a fearless heart, and when a fearless heart believes, miracles happen.

I never wanted this. This was the last thing in the world I ever wanted to happen. I'm living an endless nightmare, and I don't know if I'll ever wake up.

And if you only knew how fast you make my heart beat when you come close to me.

It would be childish of us to deny that our lives were changing. But for that night, none of us were going anywhere. And that's the thing about best friends.

You had me. For the millionth time, you had me. I know I said I would never come back, I said I'd never do this again. But here I am, laying in your bed and I can't remember a thing I've ever said.

When you're around someone so much, for so long, they become a part of you, and when they change or go away, you don't know who you are without them.


And every tear that had to fall from my eyes,
And everyday I wondered how I'd get through the night,
Every change, life has thrown me,
I'm thankful, for every break in my heart,
I'm grateful, for every scar,
Some pages turned,
Some bridges burned,
But there were lessons learned.



And all the things that break you,
Are the things that make you strong!
You can't change the past,
Cause it's gone.
And you just gotta move on,
Because it's all
Lessons learned.


Now my heart is perpetually broken by lost opportunity; for moments that are never allowed to flourish.
-Russel Brand

You said it hurts and you know that I believe you; searching every little thing to find a way to tell your heart just to wait a little longer - I swear we'll make it.

You can try and hold me back. Build your damn walls, pack sandbags along the edges and yell at the clouds and the rain and the sky to stop. But I will not relent. I will reach you. Because I am the sea. And I will continue to love you, no matter what.

Do you remember when we first met? The way you looked I can't forget. I smiled at you, and you smiled back. It felt just like a heart attack.

Everybody knows they're going to die, but nobody believes it. If we did, we would do things differently.

I am just so sick and tired of this. I want to be alright without you. I want to be able to go a month, a week, a day, an hour without thinking of you. Without wondering why it is you don't care at all anymore. I just am so sick and tired of needing you in my life, knowing that you only make me sad.

When somebody hurts you they take power over you, if you don't forgive them then they keep the power. Forgive him, baby, and after you forgive him, forgive yourself.

She walks down the hall with her head held high. But really last night she had to tell him goodbye. He knows, she knows, but no one else can tell that really inside, her world is crashing down.

You've taught me what it feels like to be hurt and what it feels like to be loved, and what it feels like to have the greatest thing in the world standing right next to you.

I smile because when I cry, it doesn't help. When I cry, all it does is make people ask me if I'm okay. I would love nothing more than to punch these people in the face. I'm sitting here, crying, but yes, I'm perfectly happy. I mean, come on. Give me a break. Obviously I'm not fine.

I believe that once you find "the one", you'll give them a hundred and one chances to get it right. I believe that if you can't be with that person, you never truly move on.

You don't get to choose, you just fall in love and you get this person who is all wrong and all right at the same time and you know you love them so much except sometimes they just drive you completely insane and no one can explain it. And the reason it's so confusing is because it's love, but if love didn't have any challenges what would be the point?

True love burns the brightest, but the brightest flames leave the deepest scars.

He wasn't always like this. He used to tell me how beautiful I looked to him. He was so tender. And then he was different.

They say it's the little things in life that really matter but you're a big part of me, and you matter the most.

Its the beating in my chest that keeps my head from giving up.

To love you must be willing to let go, to let go you must be willing to love.

I've been broken before. I know what it's like to see something funny and not laugh.

Love heals all wounds, but what happens when you get wounded by love?

And boy, you're the reason the weekends are filled with empty vodka bottles.

The person meant for you is the person who'll love you even when there's no more reason to love you. For in your nothingness, the one meant for you will find what's lovable in you.

Goodbye without reasons is the most painful one. Love without reasons is the most beautiful one.

Love is really nothing but a dream that keeps waking me. For all of my trying, we still end up dying. How can it be? Don't say a word, just come over and lie here with me. Cause I'm just about to set fire to everything I see. I want you so bad I'll go back on the things I believe. There I just said it. I'm scared you'll forget about me.

It's never easy to understand why memories hold our hand but people let go.

I don't know what it is about you. Maybe it's the way nothing else matters when we're talking, or how you make me smile more than anyone else has. It could be the way you say the right thing at the right time. But whatever it is, I just want you to know that it means everything to me.

I'll always be right by your side cause I couldn't stop loving you even if I tried.

I Can't. Do. This. Anymore. I can't pretend that I've moved on, when the truth is that whenever I see you, I'm flooded with everything that we lost. Everything we could've had. Everything we should've had. What we had, it was real. I just know it, it felt real. We both felt it, I just know it. There aren't any words to describe the relationship we had. I don't know what happened between us and that is what still tears me apart inside.

You need to see that life is not always perfect. We will not always get what we want. And though it hurts a lot, what should've happened, happened. Who should've left, left, and whatever's thrown you off course will always bring you to where it is you need to be.
















No comments:

Post a Comment